Rocana’s Engineering Manager will supervise and lead a portion of the Engineering team working closely with product management, executive management, and engineering technical leadership to deliver enterprise-class software.
Engineering leadership at Rocana includes Engineering Managers and tech leads. Tech leads own a component or subcomponent of our products and are responsible for the technical direction and success of their specific area. Engineering staff at all levels, including Engineering Managers, may serve as tech leads.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for building and supervising a team that is growing rapidly. This includes hiring, coordinating, and mentoring the team. The Manager will ensure that engineers have the tools, processes, and guidance necessary to be successful. The Manager will work with engineering tech leads to ensure that the team is able to design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain multiple complex software products. The position reports to the CTO.
- A well rounded engineering leader with the ability to influence how the organization changes, adjust to organizational changes, and help their direct reports adjust to organizational changes.
- Technically fluent, though not necessarily an expert, in one or more of systems programming, distributed systems, application development, or visualization. A strong ability to interview and hire effectively.
- An understanding of how to ship enterprise software products to customers, from product conception to initial engineering efforts for major releases and onwards.
- Collaborate with senior leaders in the organization to strategize around product and technical direction.
- Partner with Product Management and Marketing to execute strategies that ensure the product meets the business requirements.
- Experience working with remote software teams, including creating or refining mechanisms for cross-team collaboration, communication, task tracking, and release management.
- Develop strategies for effective deployment of resources and personnel including onboarding new engineers and helping to create effective onboarding processes.
- Establish best practices in terms of engineering processes, quality and test strategies, metrics, tools, release engineering, and employee initiatives.
- Ensure successful engineering operations by working with other functional teams such as Support, Customer Success, and Sales.
- Are a distributed company, and as such require self-driven, high output people
- Care about creating a company, culture, product we all love
- Focus on how to help customers be successful and on what we achieve as a team
- Know that if you are happy and engaged, you’ll be/do your best
- Want to help you achieve your ambitions, so we can achieve ours
- Want you to develop skills and grow professionally, but we do not tolerate politics
- Use titles to reflect responsibility, not status
- Distribute authority and decisions as much as possible