Front End Application Engineer
Rocana’s application engineering team designs, builds, and tests data-driven web applications that solve critical business problems. The systems we build handle billions of events per day, allowing users to visualize, interact with, and understand machine data in ways previously not possible. Engineers who are interested in highly interactive well-designed enterprise applications with a focus on large scale analytics, visualization, machine learning, and data products will feel at home.
Some of the technology we use:
D3, React, Redux, Less
Webpack, Babel, Gulp, Node.js, Mocha, Enzyme
Slack, JIRA, emojis, AWS, Jenkins, Github
All teams at Rocana care about developing customer empathy, people over technology, consensus over competition, team success over personal, allowing failure and supporting success, listening before talking, open decision making, and diversity and inclusiveness.
- Have an expert understanding of cutting edge web technologies.
- Have experience building highly interactive client-side applications, reporting and analytics systems, and creating elegant user experiences.
- Can easily put your ideas in writing.
- Aren’t afraid to learn/switch programming languages based on the task.
- Aren’t afraid to say, “I don’t know, but let’s find out!”
- Seek feedback from everyone, especially those with whom you disagree.
- Seek to understand prior to debate, and know when to stop debating.
- Don’t always have to be right.
- Are a smart and creative person who’s passionate about helping others.
- Take pride in your team’s accomplishments.
- Are willing to take risks and overcome failures.
- An eye for design
- Full stack engineering experience: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Postgres
- Hadoop, Search, Kafka, Impala, Hive, Spark
Bonus points if you have familiarity with:
- Are a distributed company, and as such require self-driven, high output people.
- Care about creating a company, culture, product we all love.
- Focus on how to help customers be successful and on what we achieve as a team.
- Know that if you are happy and engaged, you’ll be/do your best.
- Want to help you achieve your ambitions, so we can achieve ours.
- Want you to develop skills and grow professionally, but we do not tolerate politics.
- Use titles to reflect responsibility, not status.
- Distribute authority and decisions as much as possible.
- Offer excellent benefits including: a generous vacation and parental leave policy, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401(k) investments accounts and a gym subsidy.