Technical Marketing Manager
Rocana is seeking a highly motivated, versatile, and strategic technical marketer to join the product marketing team. You will work with product management, sales, and marketing to develop competitive analysis, create sales and marketing materials, launch products, and develop and execute the go-to-market strategy. The role requires a strong technical background across multiple areas of marketing and IT coupled with the ability to learn quickly. Strategic thinking skills combined with business savvy are critical capabilities.
- Collaborate cross functionally to synthesize and communicate Rocana solution differentiation for technical audiences: use case content, presentations, demos, animations, webinars, white papers, enablement kits, etc.
- Train and enable Rocana field presales organization and partners to position new capabilities and joint partner solutions
- Lead competitive analysis initiative: gather competitive data, evaluate competitive offerings, produce content to proactively position Rocana value, and educate Rocana field and partners. Perform benchmarking where applicable.
- Work with Rocana partner organization and strategic ecosystem partners to develop materials that demonstrate the power of our joint solutions.
- Represent Rocana at conferences, meetups, partner events, and industry analyst briefings
- Collaborate with technical teams to build guided demos
- Be a conduit for technical market feedback to the product management team for roadmap planning
- Evidence of personal and professional excellence and energy
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present across executive, customer, and business practitioner audiences
- Analytical as well as strategic thinker -- must be able to think through problems analytically and creatively, while tying content back to overall value prop
- Self-driven results-oriented, organized person who is committed to delivering compelling and insightful content
- Domain/market knowledge of enterprise IT solutions and markets; relevant domain expertise (systems management, APM, IT Operations) strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience across multiple areas of technology marketing or presales engineering, including significant experience with IT buyers
- Ability to travel to customers, events, and conferences
- Ability to execute high quality deliverables; knowledge of existing technologies, trends, and dynamics preferred
- Excellent teamwork
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Are a distributed company, and as such require self-driven, high output people
- Care about creating a company, culture, product we all love
- Focus on how to help customers be successful and on what we achieve as a team
- Know that if you are happy and engaged, you’ll be/do your best
- Want to help you achieve your ambitions, so we can achieve ours
- Want you to develop skills and grow professionally, but we do not tolerate politics
- Use titles to reflect responsibility, not status
- Distribute authority and decisions as much as possible
- Offer excellent benefits including: a generous vacation and parental leave policy, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401(k) investments accounts and a gym subsidy.